Scott's Coarse Angling Club
Selkirk & Swan Pond (Bowden) Club Rules.
- Membership ticket to be visible at all times by anyone fishing (no exceptions).
- Club members only, NO day tickets. Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Barbless of Micro barbed hooks only.
- All fish caught must be returned to the water alive and well.
- Fishing at one peg only.
- Rods not to be left unattended
- Sensible use of bait, unused bait is not to be thrown in the water on completion of your session.
- Litter to be taken home.
- NO ALCOHOL is permitted, No fires, NO excessive loud or abusive language, respect other members.
- We expect anyone fishing for Carp or Pike to use appropriate equipment for the task, fish safety is paramount.
- A Suitably large landing net must be available before rods are cast out. (We recommend a minimum 36" for Carp or Pike Fishing or at least a large DEEP spoon such as Greys Free Flow Specialist 26/28" nets.)
- A suitable unhooking mat must be available and used at all times when Pike or Carp Fishing.
- Klin-ik or similar antiseptic (Bonjela is also a good alternative) must be used to treat all hook holds, fin damage and other obvious sores/injuries on any fish present.
- No fixed rigs, lead must be able to break free by using safe rigs. If unsure ask for advice.
- Maximum 3 rods permitted but we expect anyone to reduce rods in the water if/when it gets hectic.
- Fish must not be sacked unless you are night fishing (hence displaying a night ticket)
- No braided mainline, except marker/spod rods, braided hook lengths allowed.
- No nuts allowed of any type (unless from a reputable bait supplier)
Pike fishing rules
Season closed from 15th March to 31st May.
- Semi barbed hooks only. Max size 8 trebles
- Bite alarms and hangers to be used for bite indication.
- Maximum 2 rods permitted.
- No rods to be left unattended.
- No fixed rigs (free running rigs only) .
- Minimum wire traces breaking strain 20lbs and minimum length 12 inches.
- Pike to be handled and returned with care. Please follow this link on how to unhook pike, http://www.pacgb.co.uk/tips/unhooking.html
The committee reserve the right to carry out spot checks on club members tackle to ensure they are observing the club rules. Those who persist in breaking the club rules will be asked to leave and barred from the club.
TICKETS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE
ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE FISH FROM THIS WATER WILL BE PROSECUTED
Please follow this link on how to unhook pike, http://www.pacgb.co.uk/tips/unhooking.html